[scribus] Gimp/Scribus issues

Henry Hartley henryhartley at westat.com
Wed Feb 25 17:49:40 CET 2009

Jeffrey Silverman wrote:
>> > On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 11:22 AM, Henry Hartley <henryhartley@
>> westat.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Possibly somewhat off-topic, Microsoft isn't the name of a
>> > program. It's the name of a company that makes and sells
>> > programs. Therefore, that phrase is meaningless.
>>
>> I don't think your comment is off topic (well, technically,
>> pedantically, nit-pickingly, I guess it is).
>>
>> Personally I read the statement as a typo or mis-typing. I
>> understood it to read "...im using Microsoft. The GIMP is a
>> program I use a lot..."  I only got that from the context of
>> the rest of the posts.
>>
>> maybe I'm wrong!

Could be. I guess I'm just tired of having people (my mother-in-
law does this a lot) say, "I'm having a problem. I was working in
Microsoft and it's not letting me..."

Usually she means Word but sometimes it's Internet Explorer or
something else and I have to figure it out from context. I love
my mother-in-law so I put up with it. But from other people, I
find myself being less patient.

Now am I off topic?

--
Henry