[scribus] Starting with Scribus

Blue Beehive alan at bluebeehive.com
Sat Jul 4 15:14:58 CEST 2009

Thank you for you advice John. I will buy the book you suggested as I am
sure it will be a great help.

Since I wrote the original message I have found the on line tutorial
that you recommend and am beginning to work through it. I'm glad that I
read all of the help files first though. It has helped make a bit of
sense to what the tutorial is instructing me to do. The three things
together, Help files, tutorial and Pete Masterson's book will put it all
in place for me - says me confidently.

I followed your advice on Ghostscript as well. Un-installed Scribus then
started again in the proper order. All is working well thank you.

One final question if I may although it is off topic. I have looked at
forums before and can see how to reply to a post in them but I am a more
than little lost with this mailing list. Can't seem to find how to
respond to an entry. I guess that the way I have done this reply is wrong.

Even receiving replies is odd. My 'preferences' are set to receive all
but I see in the digest that someone else has responded to my question
although I didn't receive it as an individual mail.

The open source world is full of wonders to this old Windows user.

Many thanks for your help and guidance

Alan Taylor