[scribus] Latex Text in different Colour ?

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Wed Jul 8 15:30:25 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 08 July 2009 04:50:11 am Julian Robbins wrote:
> John Culleton wrote:
> > On Tuesday 07 July 2009 11:47:20 am Julian Robbins wrote:
> >> What I'm also trying to do is simply to render LaTeX text in a
> >> different colour. You can set a few different fonts, and font
> >> sizes, but I cant find any means to set a colour.
> >>
> >> Anyone ?
> >
> > Easy. You add a file named pdfcolor.tex thus:
> > \input pdfcolor.tex
> > In that file you will find about 70 CMYK colors defined. The
> > colors are defined first, then user friendly names are defined
> > for the colors, like
> > \def\cmykPeach{0 0.50 0.70 0}
> > followed by
> > \def\Peach{\pdfsetcolor{\cmykPeach}}
> > Why they chose a two step process I don't know.  But that is
> > the mechanism.  You can copy the method in your own file to
> > make your own colors.
> >
> > To actually use the color Peach you would use the command
> > (gasp!) \Peach
> > with brackets around the  colored text thus:
> > {\Peach Isn't she a peach?}
> > To be safe add \Black after the closing bracket.
>
> Hi John
>
> Thanks for your help. Still would be useful to change the colour
> of Tex frames within Scribus IMHO ...

TeX and even the more rigid LaTeX variant is flexible in these
matters. The \input statement is available at any point. Try the
code I suggested in a TeX frame. Make sure the
pdfcolor.tex file is available. If necessary copy or link it to your
working directory.

I'll conduct an experiment myself this morning.

--
John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus/e-book $5.95