[scribus] How to personalize a booklet?

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Thu Jul 9 10:57:25 CEST 2009

Ronald Wiplinger (Lists) wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-07-04 at 10:01 +0100, John Beardmore wrote:
>> Ronald Wiplinger (Lists) wrote:

>>> I have a pdf booklet - some are created with Scribus, some are made with
>>> Acrobat 9Pro.
>>> These booklets should be sold on a hosted web server (apache with php).
>>>
>>> We would be thrilled if we could personalize the booklet during selling,
>>> like:
>>>
>>> 1. add a remark on each page, like    Teacher <name> uses <title>
>>> booklet
>>> (the buyer is the teacher)
>>>
>>> 2. a personalized additional page (welcome page number 3)
>>>
>>> 3. the booklets should be THEN copy and print protected
>>>
>>> All these should be done during the sales.
>>>

>>> Is it possible? or What is possible? Please guide me to the right place.
>>>
>>> bye
>>>
>>> Ronald
 >>
>> There's a certain irony to this sort of thing with open source software.
>
> Was the question I asked to difficulty?

Well - I certainly don't know the answer, but even if I did, I don't
think I'd feel moved to further the instruments of information control
and restriction, particularly using OSS.

Cheers, J/.
Energy Audit, Carbon Management, Design Advice, Sustainable Energy
Consultancy and Installation, Carbon Trust Standard Registered Assessor