[scribus] How to personalize a booklet?

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Thu Jul 9 11:09:22 CEST 2009

Ronald Wiplinger (Lists) wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-07-03 at 18:53 +0200, alessandro rimoldi wrote:
>> hi ronald,

> Thanks for your thought! Some schools are free and spread knowledge,
> some charge and give wisdom. Which school did you go?

I'd rather go to one like mine that was free and gave both.  Of course
nothing's completely free -  it was all paid for out of taxes, but it
certainly didn't work by selling knowledge by the ounce at the point of use.

> Or should I word
> it "are you still going?"

Depends if you want to be rude to him I guess.

> (No answer please, I am not really interested in your educational path)

OK. So are you interested in the OSS _community_ at all, or just how or
if your bosses can exploit OSS ?

>> but since it's all about money, how much would you pay me for an answer to your question?
>
> I am confused!
> I ask something and get the answer BUY THE BOOK.  (BUY !!!!)
> I ask other things and get this answer.

You have had plenty of other answers pointing you at free sources of
information.

> What should I think now?

It is disingenuous to suggest that the above are the only responses you
have had, so I suggest that

     you think before you offend anybody else

and that

     given the other sources of information you have been pointed at,
     you decide if Scribus can meet your needs or not.

     If it can, respect the views of those that have created Scribus
     and related materials. You'll get far more out of OSS if you
     understand the culture of the community.

> It seems that everything I ask here is just answered with GIVE ME MONEY!
> In this way this list is not really a supportive mailing list.

:)   No -  but I think what might be emerging is a responds to people
who seem to wilfully misunderstand that the information they require is
already available free, but if they want, to they can buy the book in
the form the authors choose, much as people can choose to buy your
products (or not) as they choose.

Cheers, J/.
Energy Audit, Carbon Management, Design Advice, Sustainable Energy
Consultancy and Installation, Carbon Trust Standard Registered Assessor