[scribus] Font in PDF does not match screen

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 01:37:43 CEST 2009

I'm trying to produce a two-page PDF document. This is new territory for
me. I thought I had figured everything out, but at the final step something
seems to be wrong :-(

The basic font used for the text is LMRoman12 (from the Latin Modern
family). It looks fine on the screen and in the PDF. However, in a few
places I have some titles in LMRomans12 Italic. These render correctly on
the screen. However, in the generated PDF I see some sort of lightweight
sans typeface instead.

I didn't see any warnings or anything when I generated the PDF.

So I have a few questions:

1. Why does the PDF not contain the correct font?

2. How do I make the PDF contain the correct font?

3. Why wasn't some sort of error or warning thrown in my face to warn me
that the PDF wasn't going to look like the screen?

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR