[scribus] Creating a booklet from PowerPoint (or OpenOffice equivalent) presentation

Murray Strome wmstrome at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 19 15:29:54 CEST 2009

This is a bit off the topic, but wanted to know if anyone on the list would know an easy way to do this:

I have a .PPT presentation, which is like most such presentations, in Landscape form, and being in North America, best printed single-sided on US Letter paper.  To conserve paper (and weight), I would like to print it in a booklet form (i.e. 4 pages per sheet).  I can do this easily by converting the document to .PDF, then using pdftops, psbook, psnup, ps2pdf  (http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/How_to_make_a_booklet method 1) except that I would prefer to have all the even pages "upside down".  If I just use the simple approach, looking at the booklet with the long side vertical it will look like:

                 even page                                               odd page

I want it to look like:

I know I could do this with a lot of work in Scribus, but does anyone know an easier way?

Thanks.

Murray

http://www.flickr.com/gift/