[scribus] Review: Create book covers in Scribus by John Culleton

Steven Dayton daytonmeister at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 20:37:06 CEST 2009

Some additional thoughts. I guess what I am thinking of is set up a page
with form fields that have the JavaScript(s) in them or in a button that
would run the calculations and output the results in some other fields.
There is even a report object in the Acrobat JavaScript specs that may be
able to be used to build a new page with the results that could be printed.
Then everything is one complete package without having to access anything
else on a remote host. There is even the capability of JavaScripting a
custom dialog in Acrobat that could contain radio buttons, check boxes,
buttons, dropdown lists, text fields, list fields etc. that could be used as
a calculator. And then of course there is the Flash capability in Acrobat 9.
I'm not a Flash developer but a flash widget could be added to an Acrobat 9
PDF to run the kind of stuff we are talking about.

Steven