[scribus] cannot start Scribus anymore...

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 24 01:54:51 CEST 2009

GianLuca Sarto wrote:
> hello All,
>
> I have a problem on an XP Pro workstation.
>
> Today, after a Samba update, the user was disconnected and
> reconnected, and since then, she cannot start Scribus anymore.
>
> Tried to rename .scribus folder, or delete temp files, but it doesn't
> work.
>
> Other users can start Scribus on the same pc, so the installation
> should not be corrupt...
>
> Any suggestions?
It's an interesting problem, but seems to be an XP problem. Perhaps a
permissions issue? I gather she is starting from an icon...how about
finding Scribus from the Start menu? Maybe from the DOS prompt? Looking
at Properties from the icon may help.

If she can't start it when someone else is logged in, then we have to
suspect witchcraft.

Greg