[scribus] Bug in python interpreter on scribus 1.3.3.13 ?

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Fri Jul 24 12:56:30 CEST 2009

> I'm writing a BIG python script for my company.
>
> On this script I have a lot of print(...) to display debug messages.
> If I use scribus in console mode (command line switch --console) all
> work fine.
> If I use scribus in normal mode script die unexpectly.
>
> I placed a # before each print() and now script work fine in normal
> mode.
>
> It's a known bug???

You need to print out to a file if you are after debugging information.
Include something like this in your script

fileHandle = open ( 'debug.txt', 'w' )

Then write your debug lines to debug.txt

fileHandle.write ( whatever )

Then after running the script, read the file.

There is probably an easier way.

--

Owen