[scribus] Newbie Mac User

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Fri Jul 31 20:43:41 CEST 2009

hi sveinn,

> Don't know how your Mac window manager treats Scribus
> windows, but normally there should be 3 buttons in upper
> right corner of the (Scribus) application window;
> 'Minimize', 'Restore down' and 'Close', respectively from
> left to right. Those buttons are 'document-window-specific'
> and should not be confused with the similar
> 'application-specific-ones' often above them (but last time
> I used a Mac they were in the upper-left corner). By holding
> the mouse pointer over them you should see their names in a
> tooltip frame.
> 'Restore down' permits resizing multiple document windows
> inside of the main (Scribus) application window.

well, yes but... well... i support the idea of a SDI (or non-MDI) scribus, since my window manager does a wonderful job in managing the windows if their are freed from the application!

most mac users also think that way.

and most modern GUI apps work that way.

still, the suggestions with the buttons in the bar works for the meantime...

> My systems are Linuxes; there must be a way to do multiple
> desktops on a Mac?

 there is one and it has 3D effects...

ciao
a.l.e