[scribus] Soft shadows in Scribus

Pierre Marchand capparis at free.fr
Mon Jun 1 18:45:36 CEST 2009

On Monday 01 June 2009 18:14:23 John Culleton wrote:
> On Monday 01 June 2009 07:08:55 Benjamin Dumke wrote:
> > For those of you who were interested in this: I have posted an
> > update at
> >
> > http://apps.sourceforge.net/wordpress/moonshiner/2009/05/31/soft-sh
> >adows-in-scribus/
> >
> > Greetings,
> >
> > Ben
>
> In the companion program Gimp there are several scripts which provide
> multiple drop shadow, bevel highlight  etc. effects, accessible
> through : file>create>logo>
>
> Given these multiple options  I wonder if a separate facility is
> required for Scribus.

As I understand it, this code is rather offered to join the core Scribus
codebase than to be maintained separately. The diff is not that huge and I can
imagine someone will catch up, at least I hope so :) Even if I’m not exactly
fond of these overseen effects (today its reflection, who knows what it will
be tomorrow) I do agree that we can do the effort to line up with other DTP
packages if it gives our users more chances to use and promote use of Scribus.

That said, I think we must provide on-canvas visualisation of the effect, it’s
all what Scribus is about.

my 2¢

--
Pierre Marchand