[scribus] Toolbars 1.3.5 Rc1

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Tue Jun 2 23:14:21 CEST 2009

Christoph Schäfer wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 2. Juni 2009 02:09:26 schrieb John Jason Jordan:

>> After upgrading to Rc1 (Jaunty, x86_64), Scribus reset the position and
>> configuration of my toolbars. I need as much vertical screen real
>> estate as possible, so I had them dragged off to the left. It was
>> trivial to move them back to the left side of the program window, but
>> after doing so I can't find the icon to link frames.
>
> John, I actually don't know what pirouettes you try to do with Scribus. I
> tried to replicate this behaviour, but to no avail. You have been told dozens
> of times that *buntu is not the best platform to run Scribus, and the 64-Bit
> version is probably even less so.

OK -  for those of us who are thinking of getting away from the 4 gig
RAM limit of win32, what flavour of Linux would be good for running
Scribus, Gimp and Inkscape ?  (And maybe at some point building Scribus.)

Do we need to go to 64 bits to use more than 4 gig ?

Oddly enough we've recently set up the latest 64 bit kubuntu on a quad
core AMD chip.

It's not been without its vices but it's OK for its intended role.

I was thinking of setting up a nice linux desktop system with at least
two monster screens, 1920 by 1200 or something. Are any Linuxes
particularly friendly towards multiple screens ?

Cheers, J/.
Energy Audit, Carbon Management, Design Advice, Sustainable Energy
Consultancy and Installation, Carbon Trust Standard Registered Assessor