[scribus] Really weird printing problem 1.3.5Rc1

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed Jun 3 01:25:04 CEST 2009

OK, I think this is a bug, but it's so bizarro that I can't help but
think that it's just JJJ being stupid. So I thought I would ask here
before filing a bug report.

Pages 35-40 of a document used to contain full page tables exported to
file from OOo pages, one page at a time. Scribus imported the PS files
as groups, one for each page. They printed fine, but later the
proofreader found enough errors that I decided to redo all five groups
of PS objects as native Scribus text and graphics rather than redo them
in OOo and reprint to file. Therefore, I deleted all six groups of PS
graphics.

After I remade the pages with native Scribus text frames and graphics
(just lines, really), I printed the five pages to a Laserjet 4+. The
first four pages printed just fine. The last two had the new Scribus
data on them, and *also had the original PS images*, so I had both
images, one image superimposed on top of the other.

The original PS images for those two pages are not in the document. OK,
they must be in the document, else how could Scribus be sending them to
the printer? But they do not appear on screen. Preflight Manager sees
nothing. Manage Images sees nothing. Plus, I *know* I deleted all six
of them.

Shaking head in bafflement. Does anyone have any suggestions?