[scribus] Glyphs in a font not appearing

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Fri Jun 12 05:50:28 CEST 2009

1.3.5 Rc2, Jaunty x86_64

Just now I tried to type U2205 U2192 in the Story Editor using the
Junicode font. The characters appeared fine in Story Editor, which is
set to display text with Junicode. They also appear fine in all other
applications. When I closed Story Editor and updated the text frame the
characters were gone. I tried to enter them directly in the text frame,
but they did not appear. Then I tried inserting them with Insert >
Glyph, but the Glyph palette did not display these characters.

Why does Scribus not see characters that are clearly in the font?
Should I file a bug report? Can someone reproduce this? Am I crazy? OK,
forget the last question.