[scribus] Speed and CPU

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Sat Jun 13 15:57:28 CEST 2009

Stefano Danzi wrote:
> John Beardmore ha scritto:
>> Stefano Danzi wrote:

>>> My experience tell me that problem is not CPU speed. In moders
>>> systems the real bottle neck is hard disk speed....
>>
>> That may depend how much RAM you have. Disk doesn't seem to have much
>> to do with it here.
>>

>> Cheers, J/.
>
> Wrong!!!!!
> I use Scribus under Windows XP and I've 3Gb of Ram and P4 2,4 Ghz...
> Scribus was horribly slow. Using linux on same machine little better but
> slow. I chaged hard disk and speed increase a lot!!

YMMV, but for me, scribus hardly seems to access the disks once it's up
and running.  Granted I've got 4 gig, but it's not as if XP is even
willing to use all of that.

Cheers, J/.
Energy Audit, Carbon Management, Design Advice, Sustainable Energy
Consultancy and Installation, Carbon Trust Standard Registered Assessor