[scribus] PDF Export and Embedding Fonts

eclipse eclipse.magick at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 10:35:27 CEST 2009

Le lundi 15 juin 2009 à 19:11 +0000, Hirwen HARENDAL a écrit :
> > From: johnxj at comcast.net
>
> > I'm sorry, I did not make something clear. The fonts that Scribus is
> > refusing to embed are Junicode Regular and FreeSerif Medium, both of
> > which are TrueType fonts. Both are also free open source fonts released
> > under the GPL. The document contains no OpenType fonts.
>

> ** Hi
>

> try:
>
> - Open Scribus, but not any document.
>
> - go to preference/fonts/
>
> - remouve the cross in partial play (jeu in french) an see if the cross is
>
> in the square for postscript use.
>
> - Open your document, make PDF, and embed fonts if they are in outlines
>
> in the windows PDF export.
>

> Hirwen

ATTENTION
There's a huge problem ! This method is ok for Scribus and for Hirwen
said. But there's a problem with the pdf reader you will use.
Evince, for example refuses to display any text with that embedding
font. With Acroread, no problem.

The HUGE problem (bug for linux or debian) is that the directory /tmp
will grow up abnormally. I don't know where the problem comes from;
ghosscript, evince, poppler or anything else..
The problem is only when i read a pdf with Evince.