[scribus] Building booklets

Ole Madsen philimorept at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 21 20:21:42 CEST 2009

--- On Sun, 6/21/09, alessandro rimoldi <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch> wrote:

> From: alessandro rimoldi <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch>
> Subject: Re: [scribus] Building booklets
> To: scribus at lists.scribus.net
> Date: Sunday, June 21, 2009, 10:56 AM
> hi ole,
> > Other members want a paper copy, and for this I
> prepare a file for
> > the commercial printer.  Pages 12 and 1 one
> sheet, pages 2 and 11 on
> > another sheet and so forth.
> what i wrote in my previous mail, was only to set the order
> of the pages. scribus can't do any imposition.
> just follow the three links which have already been posted
> in this thread to find several ways ans programs to prepare
> a booklet using a pdf created by scribus (most of the time
> without touching at the sequence in scribus).
> have fun
> a.l.e

Thank for your help and suggestions.  For the next issue I will try the following:

1)  Prepare the individual pages and save one at a time in .sla format.

2)  Export /save as .pdf one page at a time.

3)  Use kpdftools to combine the 12 individual pdf pages into one .pdf file.

4)  Leave it to my commercial print shop to worry about the imposition. I am pretty sure they can do it, and it would save some futzing around on my part.

I have tried kpdftools a couple of times.  It works flawlessly.

No one has commented on the copy/paste problem.  Am I the only one who has this problem?

When I prepare the pages, quite a few text items remain unchanged from issue to issue.  Being able to cut and paste would be very helpful and save time.