[scribus] Printing to Phaser 7400DN

mrdocs mrdocs at scribus.info
Sun Jun 21 21:32:30 CEST 2009

On Sunday 21 June 2009 06:07:57 pm John Jason Jordan wrote:
> Does anyone by any chance have one of these beasts? And if so, can you
> select paper tray from the Scribus print options? 'Cause no matter what
> tray I select Scribus prints from tray 2. Other applications can select
> the tray, so the problem does not appear to be in CUPS. This is 1.3.5
> Rc2 on Jaunty x86_64.

I have a very similar model, same PS3 print engine, duplex etc 7500dn in my
office. Both the OSX version of 1.3.5rc2 along with openSUSE 11.1, show all
the options are available and duplexing works fine. Landscape also seems to
work OK..

> Having said that, other applications get the orientation wrong -
> printing in portrait even though I selected landscape, or they can't
> understand the paper size (12 x 18 inches). At this time the only way I
> can get my beautiful cover that I created in Scribus to print is to
> export to PDF, fire up Windows, and print from Adobe Reader.

If this is the case, why cannot you print from Adobe Reader on Linux ? Again,
I print duplex from Acro Reader > CUPS  without problems.