[scribus] Building booklets

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Mon Jun 22 00:09:18 CEST 2009

On Sunday 21 June 2009 02:29:45 pm Nick Hasser wrote:
> Ole Madsen wrote:
> > Here is the problem, I have:  I produce a small newsletter, 12
> > pages.  I need the final product in two formats:  A pdf file
> > where all 12 pages appear in sequence.  This is for e-mailing
> > to some of our members.

Been there, done that, used PSUtils tools.  Here is my well
worn "script1a" for putting together a booklet from a sequential
PostScript file:
psbook $1.ps $1b.ps
echo 'psnup'
psnup -2 -ptabloid -Pletter $1b.ps $1p.ps
echo 'psselect'
psselect -o   $1p.ps $1o.ps
psselect -e -r  $1p.ps $1e.ps
#lpr $1o.ps
#echo 'switch paper'
#read x
#lpr $1e.ps
#rm $1p.ps $1e.ps $1o.ps $1b.ps

This is Linux of course. You call the script with
script1a foo
where foo.ps is the booklet in 8.5 x 11 format and the output is
two files foo.e.ps and fooo.ps which are the two sides of the
booklet pages.  I print the odd sides, reinsert the paper in the
printer and print the even sides, all on 11 x 17 paper.  Then
staple and fold.

I actually have a second routine script1b that consists of the lines
commented out by #.  I run script1a once and then run the other
script for each copy needed.

It could be done in Windoze but it would be more work.
--
John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus/e-book $5.95