[scribus] Building booklets

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Mon Jun 22 00:09:18 CEST 2009

On Sunday 21 June 2009 02:29:45 pm Nick Hasser wrote:
> Ole Madsen wrote:
> > Here is the problem, I have:  I produce a small newsletter, 12
> > pages.  I need the final product in two formats:  A pdf file
> > where all 12 pages appear in sequence.  This is for e-mailing
> > to some of our members.

Been there, done that, used PSUtils tools.  Here is my well
worn "script1a" for putting together a booklet from a sequential
PostScript file:
psbook $1.ps $1b.ps
echo 'psnup'
psnup -2 -ptabloid -Pletter $1b.ps $1p.ps
echo 'psselect'
psselect -o   $1p.ps $1o.ps
psselect -e -r  $1p.ps $1e.ps
#lpr $1o.ps
#echo 'switch paper'
#read x
#lpr $1e.ps
#rm $1p.ps $1e.ps $1o.ps $1b.ps

This is Linux of course. You call the script with
script1a foo
where foo.ps is the booklet in 8.5 x 11 format and the output is
two files foo.e.ps and fooo.ps which are the two sides of the
booklet pages.  I print the odd sides, reinsert the paper in the
printer and print the even sides, all on 11 x 17 paper.  Then
staple and fold.

I actually have a second routine script1b that consists of the lines
commented out by #.  I run script1a once and then run the other
script for each copy needed.

It could be done in Windoze but it would be more work.
John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus/e-book $5.95