[scribus] write and save a document

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 23 20:08:56 CEST 2009

Ronald Wiplinger (Lists) wrote:
> We have some books, in which the students:
> 1. can draw a line from a word ("cat") to a picture (cat)
> 2. fill in words ("cat") according to the picture (cat)
> 3. mark the verb (none, subject,  ...) in a sentence.
>
> Now we have these booklets as a power point. My thought was to use pdf
> as final product. However, I found, that there seems to be no way to
> save anything the students did.
>
> Does anybody has an idea how to solve it?

I suppose if you were adventuresome, you could use Scribus itself. You
could have anything that you don't want edited on a separate and  locked
layer.

There are just a couple of scribus operations to use: inserting text in
a frame, and making lines. No 3 might require a bit of thinking to keep
the operation simple for children. I think even young children could
handle that, and even Ctrl+S to save. Each child could work with their
own document copy.

Greg