[scribus] Running Scribus on Windows XP

Jean Ghali jghali at libertysurf.fr
Tue Jun 23 23:08:50 CEST 2009

Lori Jiacinto wrote:
> Thanks to all who have responded!  :)
> I've tried the following suggestions, but nothing (yet) has helped:
>     * Changed the desktop theme in Scribus in File > Preferences:  I
> selected "Motif" instead of Windows
>     * Changed the Windows theme to "Windows Classic" (yuck)

1) Control Panel > Display Properties > Themes and pick Classic or Windows
XP (Luna) theme
2) Control Panel > Display Properties > Settings and set display bit depth
to 32bit
3) Alternatively download snapshot on sourceforge which should
fix display issue on 16 bit depth screens :

Sent from the Scribus New mailing list archive at Nabble.com.