[scribus] Building booklets

Jan de Weerd jdweerd at ziggo.nl
Fri Jun 26 12:14:04 CEST 2009

Niklas Hulden wrote:

> Gregory Pittman wrote:
>> alessandro rimoldi wrote:
>>> ciao pierluigi,

>>> scribus can't really do it, no (and should never able to do it, imho).
>>>
>>> what you can do, is to set the order in which the pages are exported
>>> to pdf.
>>>
>>> or you can rely on external tools to create a booklet:
>>> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Imposition_tools
>>> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/How_to_make_a_booklet
>>>
>> Here is a page I've "borrowed" from our manual and placed in the wiki:
>>
>> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Making_a_booklet_with_Scribus_and_Adobe_Reader
>>

>> which shows how to do this imposition with no external tools, other
>> than Scribus and Adobe Reader.
>>
>> Greg
>
> And since ver. 8 Adobe Reader does support booklet printing directly
> from menus, so you can leave the pagesorting to the program.
>
> regards
>
> Niklas

OK, Adobe reader can do that, but it adds margins around the pages. When
I have a centerpage (centerfold) with a photo that covers two pages, an
irritating blank vertical splits the photo.
When I sent the file to a professional printer the photo on the two
pages is printed perfectly (no sign of a vertical gap). According to the
printer he uses some kind of plug-in for adobe reader.
Does anyone know how to fix this at home?

Regards,
Jan