[scribus] Glypgs, specifically the Apostrophe

Richard Hall richardphall at comcast.net
Tue Mar 3 06:23:14 CET 2009

I am editing a document that I have assembled from divers sources.
Currently, I am running through it to make sure the quotes and
apostrophes are correct and consistent.

I generally use Insert | Quote | Apostrophe to stick in or correct
Apostrophe issues.
But I accidentally clicked on Insert | Character | Apostrophe.

The inserted characters do not match.

Insert | Quote | Apostrophe, in Times New Roman, is straight and
vertical. The same glyph one gets from the single quote key on the
keyboard, a prime.
Insert | Character | Apostrophe, again in Times New Roman, is a right
curly single quote.

Tell me what I'm missing here.

Rick