[scribus] Windows can't crash - very strange comment

Fritz Eichelhardt f.eichelhardt at web.de
Tue Mar 24 12:10:28 CET 2009

hi all,

> From: Roger <hovergo at net-tech.com.au>
> Subject: [scribus] Windows can't crash - very strange comment

> > > as far as i know, windows can't even crash, unless you
> > > use very unreliable
> > > software like scribus.
>
> Either that is the most unfair comment I have heard or it is a piece of
> humour, can't decide..

at first, let me complete the citation:
> > it's a pity, but i can't afford this lovely peace of
> > software and have to use
> > linux instead.
> >
> > by pure luck, scribus/linux never crashes here.

if that was meant as a (unfair) comment, it would be very stupid as well.
an os that can be crashed by a software, is crap, not an os.

i have to admit: even my few remained friends find my humour sometimes
somewhat strange, but they got used to it.

btw: i write almost everthing, even my (business-)letters, in scribus.

On Saturday 21 March 2009 04:18:01 am Phil Ward wrote:
> helloooooo
>
> can i come and live in your world? where windows never
> crashes?

shure - always welcome.
the name of that world is linux.

--