[scribus] Custom dot leader in tabulator

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Fri May 8 21:31:12 CEST 2009

On Fri, 8 May 2009 11:51:26 -0700
John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> dijo:

> 1.3.5 Beta April 19, Ubuntu Jaunty
>
> Just now I tried to create a dot leader for a tab, so the line would
> look like this (note the spaces between the dots):
>
> Something . . . . . . . 15
>
> I can create it with "dot," but then I get:
>
> Something...............15
>
> So I decided I needed to select "custom." But after selecting "custom"
> I still have the smashed together dots. No dialog box popped up
> allowing me to define what kind of "custom" leader I want, nor do I see
> anything on the Style Manager window to enter a character.
>
> Bug? Feature not implemented yet? Any workarounds? Or did I just miss
> some obvious step?

Never mind, I figured it out. You're supposed to enter your character
in the box that says "custom," overwriting "custom." Duh!

However, I still can't get the effect I wanted. It won't take more than
one character. That is, you can enter more than one character, but it
will use just the first one.

The font I am using has some interesting dots with a wide side bearing,
e.g., Unicode F01F, among others. But the "custom" box won't take a
Unicode character; that is, you can't insert it by typing its Unicode
number.