[scribus] Linux vs Windows for Scribus ?

jwminer at accessvt.com jwminer at accessvt.com
Fri Sep 18 03:39:11 CEST 2009

Stevend wrote:
> [Inkscape] 0.46 has some of the bottom and left side cut off in
Ubuntu so I can
> see it.
> Works fine in Mint. Scribus 1.3.5 works nicely on the Ubuntu
> machine.

If you haven't tried this, see what happens:

You can resize the height of the Inkscape window if you make the
Toolbox floating by dragging it out of the Inkscape window. If the
Toolbox is docked on the left side, you can't change the height of
the Inkscape window though you can change the width. I was thrilled
when I found this tip, tried it, and discovered that it worked on my
system.

I also learned somewhere (here, maybe) that if you unmaximize a
window, you can drag it around by holding down Alt and moving it
with your mouse. This way you can get to the lower right corner or
the bottom for resizing.
--Judy M.
   USA

Registered Linux User #397786
Being productive with VectorLinux 6.0 Standard, Deluxe Edition