[scribus] Linux vs Windows for Scribus ?

Asif Lodhi asif.lodhi at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 19:29:11 CEST 2009

Hi Steven,

On 9/18/09, Steven Dayton <daytonmeister at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the ideas Judy. Nothing is working. .....

I have been working with Red Hat/Fedora since Red Hat 7.3. I don't
know why it didn't work with a broadband connection a few days back.
Anyways, it's working now and perfectly well. I'll nonetheless try
other distros - opensuse, Mint, Ubuntu, Vector, Debian, ...you name
it.

I have discovered, however, one hell of a lot of good distro - it's
called Slitaz Linux. It is so fast that when install it on my 1mb usb
stick it installs under a 100MB or so and runs extremely blindingly
fast!!! on my 245MB RAM 1.7GHz Celeron machine which then looks like a
2.66GHz Core Due 2 with 2GB! Slitaz doesn't currently have Scribus but
it's an extremely good distro for netbook usage for example. Too fast.
There IS an Scribus folder in their repository but I think it's other
stuff instead of the main Scribus application. It's so fast that one
really feels like start working on the OS itself! :)

Sorry for this off-topic post. But couldn't resist telling you my experience.

Best regards,

-Asif