[scribus] Importing multiple pages PDF

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Sat Apr 3 05:51:15 CEST 2010

Am Freitag, 2. April 2010 20:56:47 schrieb Richard Acosta:
> I have tried to import a PDF into scribus but i only get the fist page,
> what am i doing wrong?

Nothing ;)

> If i`m not doing anything wrong, is there a way to import a complete
> multipage PDF?

Not really. First and foremost: PDF is not a file format that's supposed to be
edited, and Scribus is by no means a PDF editor. As for multipage PDF import,
you have a few options, depending on the Scribus version you use.

1.3.3.x: You have no choice but to split the PDF into several files that
contain a single page. You can use pdftk (http://www.accesspdf.com/pdftk) on
the command line or a frontend like "PDF split and merge" (pdfsam
[http://www.pdfsam.org], requires Java).

1.3.6: You can import a multi-page PDF into an image frame and then select a
page from that file in the Image tab of the Properties Palette. This means,
of course, that you have to create an image frame for each page of the PDF
and then select the page.

HTH,

Christoph