[scribus] install 1.3.3.x on MacOSX 10.4 PPC?

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Fri Apr 30 08:59:33 CEST 2010

hi dan,

> I want to use Scribus just as a user for a one-off layout project, and I
> want to use the stable version, but can't get it installed.
>
>  * My platform:  PowerBook G4 running MacOS X 10.4.11 (PPC cpu)
>    (yeah old, but it works, has 1GB ram, 1.5GHz -- I'm guessing it probably
> is sufficient in principle)
>
> The only .dmg installer (at SourceForge) seems to be for 1.3.6

the images for scribus 1.3.6 won't work on OS X 10.4.

thanks to martin costabel's support i could successfully use fink to
install scribus 1.3.6.1 by installing the "scribus135-aqua" package on
my mac mini (intel).

you may first install qt4 binaries... here it compiled the whole qt: it
took hours!

finally, i planto produce a dmg for OS X 10.4 when the stable scribus
1.4 get released... if my computer will still have 10.4 by then...

also, if you want to keep on working on your powerbook, you may think
about installing some sort of linux: it will be much easyer to get
modern software to work!

ciao
a.l.e