[scribus] The properties palette doesn't show up for any frames

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 2 15:05:13 CEST 2010

On 08/02/2010 12:54 AM, ~suv wrote:
> On 2/8/10 05:15, ~suv wrote:
>
>> I can reproduce the problem on Mac OS X 10.5.8 when renaming the
>> existing Scribus preferences directory and launching Scribus 1.3.8: the
>> properties window does not show - it is not hidden and not off-screen.
>
> Minor correction: the properties palette does appear to be off-screen in
> 1.3.8 (negative values for top and left in prefs135.xml), see also
> attached diff between prefs file newly created by Scribus 1.3.7 and
> 1.3.8 (only action after launching:<F2>  to open the properties palette).

On Windows, I see that the first time you press F2, the Properties is
barely visible and the title bar offscreen. Repeatedly pressing F2 will
cause it to migrate each time it reappears, and you can finally bring it
in somewhere useful.

Somehow the initial default placement in Windows and Macs is not right.

Greg