[scribus] Ubunto with Linux 2.6.32-24 Generic

Murray Strome wmstrome at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 2 20:25:44 CEST 2010

Original Message
"Owen" <rcook at pcug.org.au> wrote on Wednesday, July 28, 2010 3:22 PM

<snip>

When you son comes back, ask him to add

deb http://debian.scribus.net/debian/ lucid main non-free

to the sources and refresh. Scribus-1.3.8 will be available and
recommended for use

--
When I add this to my repository and refresh, I get a message like:

 W: GPG error: http://debian.scribus.net lucid Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 5BC4CFB8EEF818CF

so I guess I need to do more than just add the above to the repository. What is it??

Also, I would imagine that anything I create with 1.3.8 (which you say is now recommended for use) will be incompatible with 1.3.3.13svn. However, will things created with the older version be handled correctly with the new one? Can I keep both versions if I install the new one?

Thanks.

Murray