[scribus] Removing images from image frames

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Aug 4 11:08:18 CEST 2010

hi michael,
>  I have exactly the same results as mentioned in moving the image and
> getting an empty frame. My weekly bulletin covers use about four
> images, so I park them on the desktop, construct the cover and bring
> in the images, and then print about 50 copies for congregational use.
> Then I take the images on the desktop and park them into permanent
> image files. My Scribus document then shows empty image frames with
> the red "X" through them, and I'm ready to construct the next week's
> forms. I thought this was the way it was supposed to work. I've never
> seen any faint or faded images in those empty locations. Scribus
> 1.3.3.14 running on Windows VISTA, 2 gigs RAM, AMD 64 processor.

i would not put the images you're inserting into a scribus file on the
desktop. you should create a "project" directory for each issue and
never move the files you've put in there to another location.

you can always put a link to the current project folder on your desktop
if you want to faster access it.

ciao
a.l.e