[scribus] Ventura Publisher

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 04:00:18 CEST 2010

2010/8/4 John Culleton <john at wexfordpress.com>

> On Wednesday 04 August 2010 19:42:18 Baseball Bob wrote:
> > Submitted on 08/05/2010
> > Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.5.224]
> >
> > Submitted values are:
> >
> >    Name: Baseball Bob
> >    Email Address: RLN37 at yahoo.com
> >    Subject: Ventura Publisher
> >    Message:
> > I am trying to drop Windows altogether, and go to Ubuntu.  But I run a
> > baseball league for kids every summer, and depend on Ventura Publisher
> ( a
> > WYSIWYG desktop publishing program) to make all necessary forms, and
> > produce good-looking many-page manuals for coaches and parents.  I
> wonder
> > if moving to Scribus would be workable for me?  I don't need absolute
> > compatibility with Ventura, but I have found Ventura to be very
> convenient
> > over the years, so would like a Linux DTP program that has similar
> > attributes.  Would Scribus be good for me?  Or is it mainly just a
> > single-page layout program, that might bog down when tackling
> something
> > like a 35-page user manual for example?
> >
> >    About your Scribus program:
> >      Version: 1.3.3.14
> >      Prebuilt/Compiled: Prebuilt
> >      Build Date:
> >    Your operating system and CPU:
> >      Type: Windows
> >      Version: Vista or Windows 7
> >      CPU type: 32bit (Intel/AMD - i386)
> >
> > The results of this submission may be viewed at:
> > http://www.scribus.net/?q=node/158/submission/492

> Book length projects have to be broken up but 35 pages is within the
> Scribus
> comfort zone. Give it a try.

I can only suggest that the number of pages follows the imposition frame. To
the least you’re going to need: an even number of pages (ad blank pages if
necessary). Then, depending on the way the manual is going to be binded,
multiplle of 2 might not be enough. You might need multiple of 4 or 8. I
also suggest that you discuss early with your printer. Only to avoid
deception and cost.

Louis