[scribus] Ventura Publisher

Ian "Witty" Whitfield editor at federalsaints.net
Thu Aug 5 11:24:19 CEST 2010

> Re: [scribus] Ventura Publisher
> From:
> John Culleton <john at wexfordpress.com>
> Date:
> Wed, 4 Aug 2010 20:35:31 -0400
>
> To:
>

> On Wednesday 04 August 2010 19:42:18 Baseball Bob wrote:
>
>> >  Submitted on 08/05/2010
>> >  Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.5.224]
>> >
>> >  Submitted values are:
>> >
>> >      Name: Baseball Bob
>> >      Email Address:RLN37 at yahoo.com
>> >      Subject: Ventura Publisher
>> >      Message:
>> >  I am trying to drop Windows altogether, and go to Ubuntu.  But I run a
>> >  baseball league for kids every summer, and depend on Ventura Publisher
>> ( aWYSIWYG desktop publishing program) to make all necessary forms, and
>> to  produce good-looking many-page manuals for coaches and parents.  I
>> wond>  if moving to Scribus would be workable for me?  I don't need absolute
>> >  compatibility with Ventura, but I have found Ventura to be very convenient
>> >  over the years, so would like a Linux DTP program that has similar
>> >  attributes.  Would Scribus be good for me?  Or is it mainly just a
>> >  single-page layout program, that might bog down when tackling something
>> >  like a 35-page user manual for example?

I produce a 30-35 page monthly Club Journal with Scribus and it works
100%!! I have just moved to the latest version and LOVE it. I'm running
it on Kububtu 10.04.

My Journal is double sided (for printing out) and in Landscape format -
for easy reading on a 16:9 monitor. It has 3 columns per page and many
photos and Scribus handles it all very well.

Ian Whitfield