[scribus] Fwd: Re: Mac OS 10.6.4 - Windows XP

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 6 15:31:22 CEST 2010

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [scribus] Mac OS 10.6.4 - Windows XP
Date: 	Fri, 6 Aug 2010 09:15:36 +0200
From: 	Michael Krück <mikrueck at googlemail.com>
To: 	Gregory Pittman <gregp_ky at yahoo.com>

Hi Greg,
thanks for the tip, it worked!
Mike

2010/8/5 Gregory Pittman <gregp_ky at yahoo.com <mailto:gregp_ky at yahoo.com>>

     On 08/04/2010 04:29 PM, Michael Krück wrote:

         Submitted on 08/04/2010
         Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.5.224]

         Submitted values are:

         Name: Michael Krück
         Email Address: mikrueck at googlemail.com
         <mailto:mikrueck at googlemail.com>
         Subject: Mac OS 10.6.4 - Windows XP
         Message:
         I've created a Scribus file on my Mac at home (intel type).
         When trying to open the file at work on my Windows XP machine
         (via USB
         stick) I get a fatal error message which is something like:
         Cannot read
         the file. Any ideas?
         Thanks, Michael Krück

         About your Scribus program:
         Version: 1.3.7svn
         Prebuilt/Compiled: Prebuilt
         Build Date: 31. May 2008
         Your operating system and CPU:
         Type: MacOS X
         Version: 10.6.4
         CPU type: 32bit (Intel/AMD - i386)

     Hi Michael,

     Try to make sure the versions in the 2 OSes are as close as
     possible. They definitely need to be in the same series.

     I had some files I made with 1.3.6svn that couldn't be opened with
     1.3.5.1 but that shouldn't have been the case.

     I found that a workaround was to open it up in a text editor and change

     <SCRIBUSUTF8NEW Version="1.3.6svn">

     <SCRIBUSUTF8NEW Version="1.3.5.1">

     This will not work to allow 1.3.3.14 to load a 1.3.5 series file.

     Greg

--
mit freundlichen Grüßen
Michael Krück