[scribus] Bugs holding up 1.4 release

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 6 15:37:18 CEST 2010

On 08/06/2010 04:39 AM, Julian Robbins wrote:
> Hi
>
> For work, we're still mainly using 1.3.3.13. I've played with 1.3.8 and
> its previous incarnations (1.3.4 ahhh !!), but it feels much more robust
> now.
>
> It's been mentioned a few times that there are one or two bugs that the
> devs want to close before releasing 1.4.
>
> Can someone let me know specifically what they are, so I can make a
> decision as to whether they are important/relevant to us ?

Admittedly it is some work, but you should check the bug tracker to see
what bugs are outstanding for 1.3.8, and see whether these are serious
functional issues for your use.

Ultimately, you just need to cautiously delve into it, perhaps make or
partially make a document with 1.3.3.14, then open it in 1.3.8, and see
how it goes.

I think most of us are finding 1.3.8 to be pretty reliable at this
point. If there are some who have various rather important issues, it's
the MacOS users, who are more or less still better off using 1.3.8. The
rest of us on Linux and Windows just don't see some of the problems they do.

Greg