[scribus] Opening MS Publisher files

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sat Aug 7 20:40:47 CEST 2010

hi trevor,

> If you'd read back through the thread you'd see that I don't have
> Publisher. I get occasional PUB files from friends who haven't a clue
> --- if they did they wouldn't be using Publisher in the first place.
> Asking them to save their files in another format is like asking for
> a loan at the bank; they don't understand the need or anyway
> comprehension of how to do it.

sorry, but if you can't get a loan from the bank it means that you're doing something wrong.
most of the time, banks are more than happy to give you a loan, if they have the feeling that your business is solid. that you will make much more money out of the money they're giving you.

and if you wonder, why you don't get a loan from your bank, go out to a computer shop, buy the cheapest netbook with windows you can find, find a way to buy a legit copy of ms publisher (from ebay, your preferred computer shop or microsoft's website).

if you can't afford it, it means that you should not do business with people handing you publisher files. or your time to set the correct bold and italics is not worth 500 bucks.

or try one of the free web services you have been pointed to or support prokoudine's eventual effort in reverse engineering the .pub format.

have a nice evening
a.l.e