[scribus] installation/startup

Matt help at scribus.info
Mon Aug 9 16:43:42 CEST 2010

Submitted on 08/09/2010
Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.5.224]

Submitted values are:

   Name: Matt
   Email Address: mattschroeder255 at gmail.com
   Subject: installation/startup
   Message:
I am trying to install Scribus on a Mac running 10.4.11 on a Power PC G4 with
X11 and Ghostscript installed, with 512 MB RAM. I also have Open Office and
Gimp running successfully. When I go to open Scribus for the first time, it
begins to open then immediately shuts down. This has happened with both 1.3.7
and 1.3.8 multiple times, and it's never any different. I have tried
installing 1.3.3.14 but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right; it's different
than the others.

   About your Scribus program:
     Version: 1.3.7svn
     Prebuilt/Compiled: Prebuilt
     Build Date:
   Your operating system and CPU:
     Type: MacOS X
     Version: Tiger 10.4.11
     CPU type: PPC - PowerPC

The results of this submission may be viewed at:
http://www.scribus.net/?q=node/158/submission/510