[scribus] two page numbers at on page

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Tue Aug 10 16:47:52 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 10 August 2010 08:05:39 Stefan wrote:
> Submitted on 08/10/2010
> Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.5.224]
>
> Submitted values are:
>
>    Name: Stefan
>    Email Address: sdoubleu at gmx.net
>    Subject: two page numbers at on page
>    Message:
> Hello @ all,
>
> I want to create a fotobook with scribus. I use a double page layout.
> At the right page are only the picture else nothing.
> On the left page are some text and the page numbers from the left and
the
> right page.
> Like this ## | ##
> But I don't know how create this number style.
> The character # create only the page number of the active page.
> Some Ideas?

I have never seen this form of page numbering in use, and I have been
reading since the late 1930's. It is not surprising that none of the programs
I use, including Scribus would support such numbering. As I see it
you have four choices:
1. Write a script that does the page numbering.
2. Insert the page numbers manually.
3. use two master pages, and on the recto (right hand one) use white type
on the (presumably) colored background.
4. Use running heads and put the page number there.
--
John Culleton
Wexford Press