[scribus] Opening MS Publisher files

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Tue Aug 10 23:58:24 CEST 2010

> It's pretty standard practice to specify that only certain file
> formats are acceptable. The burden is on the producer of the files,
> not the one receiving them and certainly not on the developers of
> Scribus or any other DTP program to accommodate them.

Also seems to be fairly standard practice to ignore these requests. I
have come to the conclusion that many people have no idea what you are
talking about.

Authors will spend days preparing their article in Word, fancy fonts
and underlining etc, only to be bitterly disappointed that the editor
strips this formatting away. (I WILL NEVER WRITE ANOTHER THING FOR
YOU!! BOOM BOOM!!)

Copy and Paste is one of the best weapons in the arsenal.

I was actually surprised by this thread as I don't think I have seen a
publisher file for probably 8 or so years. I wonder if places like
Windows Live will take and display and maybe convert .pub files.
Google Docs may do something similar

--

Owen