[scribus] Upgrading Scribus

Ray risely at tadaust.org.au
Wed Aug 11 06:14:50 CEST 2010

Hi All,

I am using Ubuntu 10.04 on an old Acer Extensa 2000 laptop.

Have been persevering with Scribus 1.3.3.13 for a little while and decided
maybe I should upgrade it to the 1.3.3.14 version - so I downloaded this
morning the Scribus 1.3.3.14.tar.bz2 file of some 14.4mb which opens out to
a 60.1mb folder - great - but now what?

How do I install it?

I have opened and read the Install folder and the readme's - but, they throw
up so many this & that's, if's & but's and so many dependencies - All I want
is to be able to open & use the new program - why is everything surrounded
in so much 'Fog.'

Not too sure if it is all worth while, really.
Time is money, even if the program is free!

Ned