[scribus] Opening MS Publisher files

samps listman at unplugd.com
Wed Aug 11 06:28:56 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 11 Aug 2010 12:22:22 Louis Desjardins wrote:
> > Authors will spend days preparing their article in Word, fancy fonts
> > and underlining etc, only to be bitterly disappointed that the editor
> > strips this formatting away. (I WILL NEVER WRITE ANOTHER THING FOR
> > YOU!! BOOM BOOM!!)
>
> If only the author would have asked on the first place... "what do you
> need?"

When asking for contributions to my online mag which, incidentally, is made
with Scribus, I issue the prospective writer/author with a 'press-pack', a
short list of acceptable typographic formats, file formats, language levels
(Oxford/australian/colloquial) etc.

Most of them are quite happy to have decisions made for them and options
stripped away, leaving them to concentrate on content rather than trying to
impress with formatting.

hth

Samps