[scribus] OpenType (Kerning) Support

Servus help at scribus.info
Thu Aug 12 15:06:49 CEST 2010

Submitted on 08/12/2010
Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.5.224]

Submitted values are:

   Name: Servus
   Email Address: Lang74 at web.de
   Subject: OpenType (Kerning) Support
   Message:
Hello everybody,

an unsolved problem with this otherwise great software is that it can't read
kerning tables of OpenType-fonts. (Since the FreeType 2-Library used in
Scribus can only read old KERN-Tables, but no GPOS-tables).

This seems to me a rather urgent issue, since OpenType has becom THE major
font format and many fonts are not available unless in OTF-format. Is there
any solution coming up...?

[I'm using Scribus 1.3.8 under Windows XP]

   About your Scribus program:
     Version: 1.3.7svn
     Prebuilt/Compiled: Prebuilt
     Build Date:
   Your operating system and CPU:
     Type: Windows
     Version: WinXP
     CPU type: 32bit (Intel/AMD - i386)

The results of this submission may be viewed at:
http://www.scribus.net/?q=node/158/submission/521