[scribus] Formatting a Book

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 13 04:24:37 CEST 2010

On 08/12/2010 03:49 PM, Christopher Meyer wrote:
> Submitted on 08/12/2010
> Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.5.224]
>
> Submitted values are:
>
> Name: Christopher Meyer
> Email Address: christopherlucasmeyer at gmail.com
> Subject: Formatting a Book
> Message:
> While the wiki covers how to print a booklet, I was wondering how to
> format a novel in scribus. I am looking to purchase a digital printing
> press, and would love to know how to create novel templates in order to
> properly print them into 8.25inx5.5in novel format.
>
> About your Scribus program:
> Version: 1.3.3.14
> Prebuilt/Compiled: Prebuilt
> Build Date:
> Your operating system and CPU:
> Type: Windows
> Version: Windows 7
> CPU type: 32bit (Intel/AMD - i386)

I don't know that this is so much needed for something like a novel. I
would suggest looking at various novels of that size and trying to
decide about what margins make sense to you.

Then it's a matter of setting up right and left Master Pages, and so on.
A novel shouldn't have a complicated scheme.

Greg