[scribus] hebrew

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 14 23:05:53 CEST 2010

On 08/14/2010 01:39 PM, Doron Minin wrote:
> Hello Greg
> thank you for your answer.
> i wrote with right to left direction the letters appear but the word is
> written upside-down, the first letter at the end and the last at the
> beginning .
> maybe i didn't understood you?

Try this:

Do not use Story Editor.
Presuming you are using 1.3.5 to 1.3.8, set the text for right to left
in Properties > Text > Color & Effects - there is a backwards 'R' on the
button.

Now either double-click on the text frame, or choose Edit Contents of
Frame mode on the toolbar.
Enter your text directly in the frame.

This /should/ work, at least to a degree, and enter you characters right
to left (I'm not familiar with Hebrew, but it does with Roman languages).

Greg