[scribus] problem with export two-fold page to pdf

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 19 16:03:04 CEST 2010

On 08/19/2010 07:34 AM, Lyn wrote:
> Submitted on 08/19/2010
> Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.5.224]
>
> Submitted values are:
>
> Name: Lyn
> Email Address: trinhtuyetlinh at gmail.com
> Subject: problem with export two-fold page to pdf
> Message:
> hi there,
> I have this problem with Scribus,
>
> "Create a two-fold document, and attempt to export it to PDF. but it is
> outputted as seperate pages, when they should be merged into one."
> Ex :I want to have page 1 (single page), then page 2 & page 3 (two fold
> page -suppose to come together), then page 4 & page 5.....but when I
> export to pdf, it appear like page 1, then page 2, then 3 three, then
> page 4......
>
> Pls show me the way what should I do
> I use version 1.3.8

When you create a double-sided document, you are only doing 2 things:
one is that you are displaying pages side by side in Scribus, and the
other is that you create the concept of right and left pages, as you
might have in a book.

So these are really separate pages, and will print this way on a local
printer. If you were giving this to a commercial printer you would want
them to do an imposition of the material, so things end up side-by-side
or on opposite sides of a sheet of paper as needed.

To do what you seem to want you need to create single pages, with the
layout reflecting your desire to fold the paper, so you print this out
first, fold afterward.

There are some wiki instructions about conversion of single pages to
booklet format (for example 2 A4 pages to 1 A5).

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/How_to_make_a_booklet

Greg