[scribus] Error on 1.5.0 configure.

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Mon Aug 23 00:49:37 CEST 2010

On Saturday 21 August 2010 19:21:39 Owen wrote:

> >> Are you able to test with 2.8.x?
>
> Well looks like cmake 2.8.2 gets rid of the problem. Even seems to
> build faster.
>
> For John
>
> Download the latest cmake-2.8.2.tar.gz from
> http://www.cmake.org/cmake/resources/software.html
>
> Unpack it and cd to the cmake-2.8.2 directory
>
> run # ./bootstrap --prefix=/usr/local  (assumes your current cmake
> is /usr/bin/cmake
>
> # make
>
> # sudo make install
>
> then type # which cmake and see if /usr/local/bin/cmake is selected
>
> if so run your cmake command as normal, otherwise let the command
> be the full path, eg /usr/local/bin/cmake

I'll try that as time permits. I will only note that 1.5.0 worked with
my existing cmake file up through the beginning days of August. It
looks like code was added the Scribus files to solve a Win and/or BSD
problem that rendered the cmake step inoperable using older cmake
programs.  Fixing that patch would seem to me less labor overall than
making everyone update their cmake to render that single patch
operational.

When I wrote programs eons ago I tried to make them as generic as
possible. That included accommodating those who had older or otherwise
limited compilers.
--
John Culleton
Wexford Press