[scribus] transparency in pdf export does not work

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 23 15:28:43 CEST 2010

On 08/23/2010 07:38 AM, Susanna Knotz wrote:
> Submitted on 08/23/2010
> Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.5.224]
>
> Submitted values are:
>
> Name: Susanna Knotz
> Email Address: sknotznews at online.de
> Subject: transparency in pdf export does not work
> Message:
> I just downloaded 1.3.8 German version, 21. Juli 2010, Built-ID:
> C-C-T-F-Q-Mac/Aqua on with Mac OS X 10.6.4, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo.
> I cannot export transparency into neither of the pdf-versions. I have
> transparencies in the alpha-channels of some photos and with some frames
> and color patches. Probably I have to change some basic properties? So
> far I have looked in forums but found no solution that helped me.

I just tried this, and found no problem on Linux, but I don't have
anything with transparent alpha channels with me right now.
You have to export to PDF 1.4 or better for transparency to be possible.

You will get a warning about transparency even when you export to 1.4,
but that can be ignored.

What are you using to view the PDF?

If you reply, please also CC: the Scribus User Mailing List

Greg