[scribus] Page order on PDF export

Peter Palmreuther pitpalme+scribus at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 08:15:57 CEST 2010

Hello,

On 08/26/2010 07:27 AM, Peter Nermander wrote:
>> So all I wanted to have was a (mostly) "final" PDF. Especially as I wanted all
>> the color profile things and embedded fonts PDF/X offers.
>
> PDF/X is not of much use if the "printer" is just someone printing on
> a regular printer. You would be a lot better off with just a PDF 1.4
> or 1.5 (depending on your needs) "for screen/web". You can embed fonts
> in any PDF version (as far as I know), and regular office printers
> expect RGB images (which you get with "for screen/web". An I'm not
> sure how many PDF readers really can handle PDF/X and color profiles
> correct.

The main print is done on a s/w laser printer, so colors don't matter that
much. But some re-prints will be done in color and I therefore wanted to have
everything complete for not having to create a second version.
PDF/X just makes me feel better I haven't forgotten anything. As long as
Scribus work correctly I know fonts are embedded and I can't forget it (as I
could with PDF 1.4). But no matter if I create PDF/X or PDF 1.4, the page
order wasn't done right :-)

> Also I would suggest using Multivalent to make the imposition. Then
> the printer will just have to "print double sided".

I've meanwhile done that. After finding an older Multivalent version that
contained PDF tools ... :-(
--
Best regards,

Peter